We just launched Add-on Payments, which enables organizations to sell goods or services via an optional fee in their submission forms. Do you want to give submitters the opportunity to subscribe to your magazine or to become a member of your organization? Do you sell merchandise? Or, maybe you run a conference that charges extra for optional A/V needs? You can use Add-on Payments to charge for these options. This feature is included with all plans at no charge.
Here’s how it works:
1) In your Submittable account, go to your Categories page and add a new category or click on the name of an existing category.
2) On the General Settings tab, scroll down to the Add-on Payments (optional) section. Click + Add an item to sell.
3) Enter the Fee amount and a Description of the item (e.g. 1-year Magazine Subscription). If the item will require shipping, include your shipping cost in the total amount. Click Save.
4) Add additional items as needed.
5) Click Save Category.
6) When submitters submit to your category, they’ll see your optional add-on items, plus any required application or submission fee you may charge. As they select the items, the total will reflect the overall amount they’ll be charged. As with any submission, submitters can pay by credit card or PayPal.
Got high-quality writing or artwork related to publishing or digital media? Consider submitting it to our blog. Thanks!