Discover, Submittable’s marketplace of opportunities connecting organizations with submitters, is now available to everyone.
Since 2017, Discover has been Submittable’s marketplace of opportunities, helping organizations connect with tens of thousands of submitters for everything from grants to contests to workshops and beyond.
There was a hitch, though: we created Discover as a portal for people who already had a Submittable account to find opportunities created by our customers. And while we were proud to provide that service to our community of users, we were unintentionally creating a roadblock to those who were new.
As of this month, Discover is now accessible to everyone, so those without a Submittable account can freely browse opportunities, and create an account when they are ready to submit. Here’s what it means for organizations like yours.
Reach a wider audience
Your organization creates amazing opportunities—and our goal has always been to be the best platform out there to match you with the right applicants. It’s our intention that taking down the sign-in will help Discover grow as the number one destination for people seeking opportunities to be connected with organizations like yours that are creating them—even if they’ve never heard of you.
This means that over time, you’ll reach an ever wider audience of the types of individuals, groups, or organizations looking for calls like yours, including:
- Grants for nonprofit organizations;
- Relief funds related to COVID-19;
- Creative opportunities for writers, filmmakers, musicians, and other kinds of artists;
- Awards honoring professionals and businesses; and
- Exhibitions, conferences, and events (virtual or otherwise).
As Discover’s reputation and reach continues to grow, you’ll benefit from that increased exposure—without doing anything differently.
Make it easier for new users to find you
The removal of the sign-in wall makes it just that much easier for the right applicant to find you by giving them the chance to look around at the available opportunities. They’ll then create their free account to submit, allowing you to enjoy the benefits of Submittable’s time-saving tools, such as response templates, automated status updates, and bulk actions, all within Submittable (and out of your email inbox).
This change also makes it easier for submitters to share opportunities with each other. When an applicant stumbles upon your call and knows it would be perfect for someone they know, they can easily pass along the link. Their friend or colleague on the receiving end will now be able to explore the opportunity and the guidelines before they create an account or sign in. It all means that you are one step closer to finding the right fit for your call.
Launch as you were
A great advantage of this change for organizations is that you don’t need to do a thing.
- If you’ve already added an opportunity to Discover by adding tags in your general settings, your call is already searchable and accessible to those without a Submittable account.
- If you’d like to add your opportunity to Discover, simply apply tags in general settings to automatically join the internet’s number one marketplace of opportunities today.
- If you don’t want your opportunity featured in Discover, fear not—simply don’t add any tags, and your call will not be listed or searchable.
Remember, if you don’t see the right tag for you, you can always contact our support team to get it added at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also new at Submittable
Opening up Discover is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what’s new around here! In case you missed it, we recently launched:
- Shareable reviews, to directly share feedback with applicants within the platform;
- Updates to submission integration for Salesforce;
- Groups, for assigning multiple team members to submissions at once; and
- Collaboration on submissions, for collective applications.
It’s a lot to catch up on—so why not catch up by watching our now on-demand Q1 Product Roundup webinar, as we check in with our chief product designer to go over these new features and more.
Learn more about Submittable
Interested in using Submittable to launch an opportunity? There’s more to Submittable than helping you reach the right audience—our platform also has tons of easy-to-use tools and flexibility to help you create an efficient yet comprehensive workflow. Check out a demo or connect with our team to learn more. Thanks for visiting.