This is a list of the latest feature releases and updates for Submittable.
April 21, 2017 Releases (v3.274 – v3.282):
– Follow button now displays correctly on opportunity pages under the Discover tab
– Improved the Enable Gallery View checkbox description on Category Details page
– Category fee options now save, and deleted fee options now stay deleted
– Add-on Payments now save in Category designer
– Resized submission form URL previews in submitter accounts
– Long form field labels on the Submission Details page now wrap to make the entire label visible
– Correct message now displays in RSS feed when no categories are active
April 17, 2017 Releases (v3.259 – v3.273):
– Added keyboard navigation commands to our new Tables feature
– Reformatted the Reference Letter success page
– Additional Form fields that are blinded no longer show up in an RTF download
– Before submitters are redirected to a Success URL, they now receive the message “Success! In 5 seconds you’ll be redirected to www.successurl.com”
– When a Category is duplicated the Start and Expiration dates are duplicated as well
– Blinded fields in terminal status submissions are now visible in all submission export formats
– Improved the ability for organizations to Auto-assign a large number of Team Members
– The Staff Progress Report now shows the correct number of assignments when a submission is assigned to both Entire Team and the individual Team Member. Previously the report was counting these submissions twice.
– Submission image files in the Mobile App now display as thumbnails
– Older video files now transcode correctly
– Improved the music player on transcoded files by moving the volume button to the right place
– Emailed submission data now exports correctly
– Changed the Close button to Done on the Assignments dropdown page. This button is now clickable across all browsers.
April 3, 2017 Releases (v3.254 – v3.258):
– Increased the form field limit to 275 for Additional Forms
– Changed the “Last Modified” tab under Saved Drafts to “Deadline”
– Updated the message that appears when the Box viewer fails to convert a submission file
– Scrolling now works on opportunity pages opened from the Discover page
– Add-on Payment filter no longer resets when users navigate away from the page
– The Previous option in the Editorial Calendar feature (under More > Calendar) is back in business
March 27, 2017 Releases (v3.246 – v3.253):
– Changed the password link expiration time from one hour to 24 hours
– Increased the domain character limit check for email addresses validated during the public voting process
– Improved push notifications in the Submittable App
– Restyled the Uservoice help modal
– Random Assign now changes the submission status from New to In-Progress
– Page breaks in PDF submission exports now fall in the correct place
– Public Gallery votes from unvalidated email addresses no longer show as negative
March 20, 2017 Releases (v3.239 – v3.245):
– Changed the Following filter button to a checkbox on the Discover page in submitter accounts
– Improved Submissions List Page by placing action buttons above the header row. Header row and action buttons now freeze at the top of the screen while scrolling down the submissions list.
– Changes to submission form tables can now be saved in draft form
– Reduced minimum width of table columns to prevent columns from being cut off
– Improved the fullscreen table view
– Following Only checkbox on the Discover page is now clickable on small sized screens
– Removed typo in the Random Assignments confirmation message
– The Downgrade Account page is now working as it should
– Removed Mobile View option on mobile devices
– Submitters can now upload files to Editable submissions
March 10, 2017 Releases (v3.233 – v3.238):
– Auto-Assigned Team Members without a Gravatar automatically receive the generic Gravatar in the Activity Feed
– Changed the date stamp in the Activity Feed to account for months with less than 30 days
– Removed the amount per submission calculation for foreign currencies in fee options dialog box
– Additional Form data now exports correctly as a .CSV file
– Blind Team Members no longer see the name and address of submitters in the Add-on Payment notification
– Price ranges on the Category List page no longer overlap the More button
– Updated styling of the Upgrade and Signup pages
March 3, 2017 Releases (v3.229 – v3.232):
– Added ability for users to navigate between opportunities on the Discover page in user accounts
– Deep linked individual opportunities pages on the Discover page in user accounts
– Restyled alert message on the login screen
– Column data under More > Reports > Income now wraps correctly
– Restyled “Upgrade Your Plan” button in Inactive message on Submission Details page
– Additional Forms information in Activity Feed is no longer visible to blind Team Members
– Team Members now receive an email notification when a PDF/File submission export fails
February 24, 2017 Releases (v3.221 – v3.228):
– Discover page in user accounts now automatically scrolls to the top when users navigate forward and backward
– Assignment count is now accurate on the Team Member page
– Results returned from search filters on the Discover page now begin on page 1
– Invalid date no longer shows on ongoing opportunity modals in user accounts
– Submittable Mobile App advertisement no longer covers up other page content
– “View Your Site” button is now clickable on Reminders page
– A single warning message, rather than multiple messages, now appears for not live categories
– Vote information popover now appears in the correct place on Submissions Details page
February 17, 2017 Releases (v3.219 – v3.220):
– Added a “Following Only” checkbox to the Discover page in user accounts. Checking the box filters for submission opportunities from organizations the user is following.
– Added a “Jump to date” button to the Discover page in user accounts. Users can now view submission opportunities on exact dates.
– The Add-on Payment feature is now automatically enabled for all publishing organizations
– Files with an uppercase “JPEG” extension now upload correctly
– Added a navigation bar to Discover page that allows users to move forward and backward by page number
– Auto-assigning submissions no longer changes the submission status from New to In-Progress. The status remains New until an additional action is taken on the submission.
February 15, 2017 Releases (v3.214 – v3.218):
– Added a “Promote” option to the category General Settings page. Checking this box enables a category to be included in the public list of categories that is made available to submitters.
– Restyled the Gallery View page so that the link at the top left directs user to a grid view
– Additional Forms notification emails no longer go to inactive Team Members
– Additional Forms notification emails now come from email@example.com and not the submitter
– Inactive Team Members are no longer assigned by selecting Entire Team
– Inactive Team Members no longer receive notifications sent to Entire Team
– When a label is created it now appears on the label dropdown list without having to refresh the page
– Deleted submissions no longer show in user accounts
– Labels containing a < (less than symbol) no longer show HTML code
– If an organization has already uploaded a header, the header prompt won’t appear on the “Getting Started” page
– Submitter note notification emails now come from firstname.lastname@example.org and not the submitter’s email address
– Restyled the user account header in mobile view
– Improved mobile responsiveness on User Profile page in mobile view
– Organization names now wrap correctly on opportunity modals in user accounts
February 10, 2017 Releases (v3.200 – v3.213):
– Take a walk on the Submitter Side. In addition to managing submissions, users can now use our newly enhanced site to search for submission opportunities by deadline, genre and more. Log in to your user account and click the Discover tab to begin your search.
– File Upload buttons in the Form Designer are now keyboard accessible. Click TAB to focus on a file upload field and ENTER to trigger the file upload.
– When a label is deleted or removed from all submissions (More > Configurations > Settings), this action is now logged in the Activity Feed
– Added an alert bar to Inactive accounts saying, ”Some workflow features are disabled until you upgrade to an active plan”.
– “Upgrade your plan” buttons now appear in Inactive accounts wherever a feature has been made unavailable
– Header links in user accounts are now mobile responsive
– Metadata in Saved Drafts no longer disappears when a category is updated
– The Export Data (.csv) button on the user Submissions List page is now clickable again
– Next and Previous buttons now display correctly in Gallery View
– Improved export of large submission files. No more corrupt ZIP files.
– Discover page in user accounts now reloads when a tag is clicked in an opportunity modal
– Thumbs Up Thumbs Down voting buttons are now centered correctly in Levels 1-3 Team Member accounts
– Restyled the Edit Metadata page
– Search Filter button is now clickable on medium sized screens
– Category titles are now included when a category is shared via social media
– The Opportunities page in the Mobile App will display only 3 categories per day per publisher
February 3, 2017 Releases (v3.188 – v3.199):
– Chinese currency is now supported for submission fees paid by credit card only. Add-on Payments are still US-currency.
– Restyled Activity page (under More > Activity)
– “Public View” is now “Gallery View” across the entire platform
– If multiple currencies are accepted for submission fees, the price range displayed in the Category List view reflects the currency of the first price option
– Inactive accounts no longer include the ability for Team Members to email submitters
– Inactive accounts no longer include the ability to review and rate a submission or change the submission status
– Submissions List page in user accounts is now mobile responsive
– Search Filter page in Team Member accounts is now mobile responsive
– Profile page in user accounts is now mobile responsive
– Submission Details page in user accounts is now mobile responsive
– Improved ZIP file naming process to prevent file corruption
– Search Filter options with many characters, such as category titles, label names, assignee names, etc., are now truncated and don’t overflow
– Submit buttons with customized text no longer expand beyond the box
– The status “In Progress” is now “In-progress” in all user accounts
– Removed note visibility “eye-con” from full screen view in Submission Details. It had wandered into the corner accidentally.
– The Follow button on the submit page now looks like it should when there are no calls for submissions
– Team Members no longer receive an error message when changing note visibility on the Submission Details page
– Corrected typo in Support email address on 404 and 500 pages
January 25, 2017 Releases (v3.184 – v3.187):
– Enhanced buttons on the Submissions List page to improve user accessibility
– Organizations now have the ability to turn on voter email validation per category for Gallery View public voting. Previously voter email validation applied to all categories.
– The Calendar page (under More > Calendar) is now mobile responsive in Team Member accounts
– The Configurations page (under More > Configurations) is now mobile responsive in Team Member accounts
– The Reports page (under More > Reports) is now mobile responsive in Team Member accounts
– The Reminders page (under More > Reminders) in Team Member accounts is now mobile responsive
– Improved PDF submission file export process to eliminate error messages
– When submissions are Auto-assigned, the submission status automatically updates from New to In Progress
– When there are more than 5 Team Members in the Assignments dropdown list, a “Show More” now appears at the bottom of the list
– Corrected the assignment count when a submission is assigned to an individual Team Member and Entire Team in the Assignments interface
– Team Member names no longer appear in the Auto-Assign history found in the Activity Feed
January 23, 2017 Releases (v3.177 – v3.183):
– Added the ability to embed YouTube, Vimeo, and generic video links to Gallery View pages. Also added a play button to preview images on the Submission Details page.
– Added Gallery View link to emails received by submitters via a custom response template
– Added a search filter to show submissions that have a Paid Add-on or not
– Votes cast by the public in Gallery View now require email validation in order to count
– When organizations upgrade or downgrade their subscription, the default term (monthly vs. annual) of that of their current subscription plan
– All pages under More > Team are now mobile responsive
– The Activity page in user accounts is now mobile responsive
– HTML tags no longer show when a Gallery View page is shared via social media
– File Preview now displays files in the same order they appear in the Form Designer
– Inactive category message now displays handsomely when the category title is very long
– Added thumbnails for image files back to the Submission Details page
– Create Account and Sign In tabs now work correctly
– In the new assignments interface, the number in parenthesis next to a Team Member correctly indicates the number of submissions currently assigned that user by the organization account the user is logged in to.
– Removed confusing text from File Upload fields on Additional Forms
– Improved the login screen for users logging in from a Gallery View page
January 10, 2017 Releases (v3.173 – v3.176):
– Category List and Submission List pages in user view are now responsive on mobile devices
– Limited Public Profile length to 400 characters (found under More > Account > Profile)
– Moved navigation arrows to top of Submission Details page on all Public View gallery submissions
– Trimmed trailing space(s) from SuccessURL to ensure successful redirect
– Improved margins on in-line Radio and Checkbox List form fields to alleviate visual confusion
– Category titles that are very long now wrap instead of trailing off the page
– Team Members no longer receive an error message when they edit a Reminder
– Inactive Team Members no longer appear in the Assignments Team Member dropdown list
– Restyled the Follow/Unfollow button in mobile view
– Search filters now work correctly when Team Members perform back-to-back searches by email address
– Team Member names remain on dropdown list after every assignment. Previously names disappeared once they were assigned unless the page was refreshed.
– When submissions change from New to In-Progress on the Submissions List page, the background color becomes white as originally intended
– When a submission is assigned to Entire Team, a new assignment email is now sent to all team members
January 6, 2017 Releases (v3.162 – v3.172):
– Users can now search submissions by category name
– When retrieving submissions through the API, the results now include details for ratings and reviews, such as the team member who completed the rating/review along with their vote or full response
– Added a new icon to the Submissions List page to identify submissions containing Additional Forms
– Organizations currently in Submishmash can now edit their Submishmash description under Profile Description
– After users withdraw, edit or remove a submission they now remain on the Submissions List page
– Inactive Team Members no longer appear on the Assignments Team Member dropdown list
– Search Filter settings no longer clear when users switch tabs on the Submissions List page
– Improved the .CSV submission data export to better handle large numbers of submissions
– Additional Forms pop up window now displays in the correct place in user accounts
– The ability to invite a new Team Member via the Assignments interface is now working correctly
– Labels containing a comma now display properly in the label column when submissions are exported as .CSV file
– The “At opening show file preview” option now works as it should. Previously files wouldn’t display if the submission had a custom review form.
– Submitter notes in an edit request no longer display twice in the submission Activity feed
– Added back the ability for users to edit metadata
– Submissions with long titles now wrap rather than spill over into the next column on the Submissions List page
December 20, 2016 Releases (v3.156 – v3.161):
– Additional Forms tab in user view becomes a dropdown menu when there are more than 3 Additional Forms
– Restyled social share icons on Public View gallery pages
– Passwords are now required to be at least 6 characters long
– Assignment emails now include the assigner name after “from” in the body and the subject line
– Total Rating Score no longer shows in place of Average Score for submissions with custom review forms
– Total price now updates correctly in price dropdown menus
– Public View votes now display correctly when voter email addresses are validated
– When a category is duplicated, Form Logic from the original category now applies to the new category
December 15, 2016 Releases (v3.149 – v3.155):
– Added a vote validation option for organizations using Public View galleries
– Team Members on the Submissions List page can now search for submitters that have a plus sign in their email address
– Updated Submissions List page and Saved Drafts page in user view to allow for more submissions per page
– Submission files on Submission Details page now have a unique url
– Gave Submission Details page in user view a sleek makeover
– Add-On Payments, enabling organizations to sell goods or services via an optional fee, are back in action
– Added .dwg as an acceptable file type
– Added page where users can validate their email address. Users are sent a link they can click to complete the validation.
– Updated styling of Public View login window and added a Facebook login option
– Restyled the Additional Form page in user view
– Submitter email addresses and physical addresses are now included in the PDF submission data export
– Added a date to submission labels Withdrawn, Declined, Completed, Marked Editable or Accepted in users’ Submissions Details page
– Moved the Export button to the top of the Submission List page in user view
– Restyled tabs on Submission List page and Submission Details page in user view
– Files uploaded to Additional Forms now display in the same order that upload fields appear in the form
– Exported review data now includes all selections from a checkbox list. Previously only the first two selections were appearing.
– Files now open correctly when the “At opening show file preview” box is checked
– All email addresses associated with a large number of assignments or unassignments now appear in the submission Activity Feed
– New assignment links are no longer broken
– The search bar on Submissions List page in user view is now clickable and search terms can now be easily cleared
– Social share buttons no longer obscure voting button when a Public View submission has no title
– Vote buttons are now viewable on individual submission pages in Public View
December 12, 2016 Releases (v3.147 – v3.148):
– Valid email addresses and urls in Public View gallery submissions are now automatically hyperlinked
– Submitters now see a link to their Public View submissions on the Submission Details page in their account
– Restyled Submissions List page in user accounts
– Word count in form fields is now consistent between the user view and the organization view
– File metadata fields now display in a consistent order
– It’s now possible to search for Team Members using uppercase text in the new assignments interface
December 8, 2016 Releases (v3.142 – v3.146):
– Updated styling of User Profile page in user accounts
– Users who unsubscribe from Submittable notifications no longer receive new assignment emails
– Increased the number of viewable Team Members in the new assignments interface from 50 to 100
– Redesigned the error 500 page to provide a more pleasant user experience
– Valid email addresses and urls are now automatically hyperlinked on all form pages
– Selected submissions are automatically deselected after assignments have been made
– If a user’s submission is automatically added to a Public View gallery, the user is sent an email with the gallery url
– The total number of assignments now displays next to a Team Member’s name in the assignments window
– Updated navigation bar styling on all pages of submitter accounts
– Expiration dates now account for the difference between user timezones and organization timezones. Previously saved drafts were affected by the discrepancy.
– Restyled the Notifications, Change Password and Following pages under Personal Settings of user accounts
– Users viewing submission files on iOS 10 no longer encounter squished, funny looking text
– Social media share buttons now work correctly when there’s an apostrophe in the organization name
November 28, 2016 Releases (v3.136 – v3.142):
– Updated styling on all password reset pages
– Saved drafts now remain in submitter accounts for up to 7 days past the category expiration date. After 7 days the saved draft will no longer appear in the Saved Drafts list.
– The Following feature is now available to all users whether they are a Team Member for an organization or not
– 404 error pages now appear when and where they should
– It’s now possible to deep link to submissions on page two or higher of a Public View gallery
– Request Agreement emails now show the correct text when a submission has been accepted multiple times
– Commas are now allowed in the following form fields: Dropdowns, Checkbox Lists, Radio Button Lists, Checkbox Rating Lists (reviews only), Radio Button Rating Lists (reviews only)
– Videos now play as they should in Public View galleries
– Users are now redirected to a 404 error page if they encounter a submission that does not exist in a Public View gallery. Previously a spinner would spin forever.
November 16, 2016 Releases (v3.133 – v3.135):
– Password Reset function now supports plus-addressed email addresses
– Added the ability for users to log in and log out of their account from Public View gallery pages
– Images in Public View galleries now appear in grid view rather than list view
– Updated look and feel of the Change Account Plan confirmation page
– Gave our 404 error page a warm and friendly makeover
– Email subject lines for new assignments now include the organization name and the sender name
– Assignment events recorded in the Submission Details Activity Feed now use our web server time zone rather than UTC
– Team Members at or below the blind level on a given submission no longer receive the “Submitter added a new note” email message
– A record of setting the publication date for a submission at the time of acceptance now displays correctly in the Activity Feed
– Assignment events now show under the Assignments tab in the Submission Details Activity Feed and under More > Activity
– Messages sent to Team Members through the advanced assignment interface now appear in the Submission Details Activity Feed under the notes tab
– Updated Public View galleries to display images in grid view rather than list view
– The Follow button for publishers who aren’t listed in Submishmash now directs users to the publisher’s Submittable page
November 14, 2016 Releases (v3.131 – v3.132):
– Updated the description text for unassignments to read “Unassigned entire team” instead of just “Unassigned”
– Added Zapier details to API page
– Google Analytics is now available for Premier accounts and above only
– Added message for Team Members with Yahoo and AOL email accounts explaining why Submittable sends their emails from email@example.com and not their selected profile address
– Updated the look and feel of social share buttons in Public Gallery
– Data from unselected Form Logic branches no longer display in Submissions Details
– Subject lines in emails sent by Submittable now display correctly. Previously some types of characters were displaying as encoded.
– Updated deep linking to Public Gallery so that each submission now shows as a stand alone page
November 8, 2016 Releases (v3.129 – v3.130):
– Assigned Team Members now receive a notification when submitters add notes to their submissions
– Files with non-ASCII characters in the filename can now be downloaded without triggering an error message
– Public Gallery view lightbox no longer reanimates when the image view window is closed
– Vertical images now fill the screen and resize correctly in Public Gallery view
– Fixed a typo in the red message text where a submitter can add a note to their submission
November 4, 2016 Releases (v3.124 – v3.128):
– Added infinite scroll to Public View galleries. No more load more.
– Added a Following tab to submitter accounts that lists all the publishers a user is following
– Direct links to a category’s Public View gallery are now viewable on the Categories List page by clicking the chain link icon next to the category name
– Videos now display properly in Public View galleries
– Vote totals in Public View galleries now include votes from all viewers. Previously the vote total would only include the viewer’s own votes.
– Updated Public View gallery API to return all submitted documents. Previously the API returned only video and image files.
– If a submitter attempts to access a category that is expired or has a future start date, they now receive the appropriate error message
– When editing metadata, fields now display in a consistent order. Previously fields were ordering randomly.
– Files attached to emails sent from the Submission Details page are now visible to the recipient
November 1, 2016 Releases (v3.120 – v3.123):
– Our new Assignments page updates without requiring a full page refresh (this is in beta–more details to come)
– Submissions sorted by submitter name now sort by LastName, FirstName, and UserId
– Submissions can now be sorted by date ascending and date descending. Previously submissions could only be sorted by date descending.
– New fields added to a form after the form has been submitted are now viewable on the submissions details page
October 31, 2016 Releases (v3.115 – v3.119):
– Added a Followers Report under More > Reports. Users following an organization are listed in the report by name, Gravatar and the date they began following. The report can be exported to a .CSV file.
– When a review is unlocked, a record of this action is now added in the Submission Details Activity Feed, as well as to the Activity page under More > Activity
– Updated styling of the submission success page
– Users can now log in from a specific submission category page, even if the url contains a colon. Previously colons in urls were generating an error message.
– Template names are now required when creating Additional Forms
– Removed extra “Assigned to” copy in the submission Activity Feed. Previously this appeared when submissions were randomly assigned.
– Video thumbnail images now display correctly in Public View galleries
– When a submission title is removed from a form, the auto-numbered title and category name now appear as they should on the Submission Details page. Previously they were missing if a title field was removed.
October 25, 2016 Releases (v3.113 – v3.114):
– Users no longer receive an error message when they attempt to access a category url containing no Latin-based characters
– Team Members now receive an error message if a file attachment fails using the “Send email” option
October 21, 2016 Release (v3.112):
– In submission form fields and submission notes, email links with plus addressing and domain names with multiple periods are no longer truncated
– If a Team Member clicks the “View Your Site” button and there are no active categories, the page will read “There are presently no open calls for submissions”. Previously the page was blank.
– When a file is sent using a response template, the attachment to the email message is now included in all selected submissions
October 20, 2016 Releases (v3.108 – v3.111):
– Updated the design and functionality of the social share button across the platform
– Images in Public Galleries now resize correctly on HD monitors
– When a file is sent using a response template, the attachment to the email message is named based on the author, title, and response date of the submission
– If a category has one price option, it will now display properly formatted (rather than $0). If a category has multiple price options, they will now display from lowest to highest.
– When a user attempts to access category that isn’t live, they are now redirected to the organization’s submission page showing all live categories
October 14, 2016 Release (v3.107):
– Added a word break in the Activity Feed to prevent text from overflowing the margins
– Document text now displays correctly for users on iOS 10
October 12, 2016 Releases (v3.105 – v3.106):
– Public View submission labels are up and running again
– Improved the vertical alignment of header images to ensure no part of the image gets cut off
October 10, 2016 Releases (v3.102 – v3.103):
– Users can now download attached files from the submission Activity tab without receiving an error message
– Attached files emailed with acceptances now download correctly
– Users can download Additional Form files from the submission details page without receiving an error message
October 6, 2016 Releases (v3.99 – v3.101):
– Updated the look and feel of the create account/sign in page on submission forms. The page now looks the same whether a user is logged in or not.
– Readded the Public View checkbox to the title field in form designer
– Hyphens in a category title no longer prompt incorrect alert messages
– Additional Forms can now be saved as a draft even when the required file upload field is empty
– Moved the Open Editing feature (under Options) to the status button in submission details
– Thumbnails from videos in a Public Gallery are now taken from the middle of the video, not the beginning. The top of videos can sometimes be blank.
– Clicking Enter after filling out metadata fields will no longer submit a form
October 4, 2016 Releases (v3.96 – v3.98):
– If a Team Member deletes a Price option, then duplicates the category, the deleted Price option will no longer appear in the new category.
– Blind Team Members no longer receive an error message when downloading submission files
– Submitters attempting to access a category that’s hidden and expired will now receive an alert indicating the category is no longer available
– The “Download All Files” option is no longer available if there are no submission files, or if the file upload field has been blinded to the current Team Member
– Fee option descriptions are now limited to 250 characters
– It is now possible to use Form Logic to branch to more than one Horizontal Line field
– Team Members must create an Additional Form template before batch sending an Additional Form. If they don’t, they receive the alert “You have not created any Additional Forms” and the form will not send.
September 27, 2016 Releases (v3.90 – v3.95):
– For VIP accounts, we improved search engine optimization by adding category titles to category urls
– Streamlined the look of our account login page
– Sending Additional Forms is no longer an option for withdrawn submissions
– Updated the design of our account sign up pages
– Multiple submission files with the same name can now be exported from the submissions detail page and via Batch Export . Previously, if files had the same name only one file would be exported.
– When a Batch Export url is shared with a Team Member, that Team Member can only view submissions assigned to them. Previously Team Members could see all submissions in the export
– Users now receive a warning when they select a response template with no message in the body
September 22, 2016 Release (v3.89):
– Users on Firefox and Safari can now log in via Facebook without receiving an error message
September 21, 2016 Release (v3.88):
– Removed the Batch Export limit when exporting submissions as PDF files. Previously organizations were limited to running PDF Batch Exports four times per month.
– Removed the blind checkbox from the title field in the Form Designer. Title fields cannot be blinded.
September 20, 2016 Release (v3.87):
– Deleting the first Price option or first Payment Add-on no longer deletes all Price options/Payment Add-ons.
September 19, 2016 Releases (v3.84 – v3.86):
– If a file fails to upload in the Add Note area of the Submission Details page, users now receive an error message. The note will not save until the file is fully uploaded.
– Team Members no longer receive an error message when attaching a file via the email dialog box or the response dialog box
September 15, 2016 Releases (v3.78 – v3.83):
– Restyled Public Gallery view for single image submissions. The full image is now centered on a blurred background.
– When Additional Forms are received, email notifications are now sent to Team Members assigned that submission. Previously notifications were going to the main organization email.
– Changing the “rows per page” selection on the submission list page no longer clears Date and Rating filters
September 8, 2016 Releases (v3.75 – v3.77):
– Removed typos in Batch Export error message. Text now reads, “Your current plan does not include the ability to export files. You can export your data as a .CSV file or you can upgrade to a plan that provides this feature.”
– Changed category expiration date format from MM/DD/YYYY to Month DD,YYYY, e.g. December 25, 2016. No more confusion for our international users.
September 6, 2016 Release (v3.74):
– Improved functionality of the “Download/Print PDF” button in Submissions Details view
– When a file is uploaded to a form in Submission Details view, the corresponding form field title now auto-selects in the pop up dropdown menu
– Removed limit on how many submissions can be batch declined. Previously only 50 submissions could be declined at once.
August 31, 2016 Releases (v3.72 – v3.73):
– Organizations can now change their current plan from monthly to annual and vice versa under More > Account > Subscription Plan > Change your plan
– Updated the design of our account sign up pages
– Made the error message text on submission forms red and unmissable.
– Improved styling of the “Choose Files” button in VIP accounts
– Price options and Add-ons can now be deleted from the Category Edit page at any point
August 29, 2016 Release (v3.71):
– Submission data is now visible when a submission is moved to a different category.
August 26, 2016 Release (v3.70):
– When organizations upgrade or downgrade their subscription plan, the options will default to plans with the current term (monthly or annual)
– Submitters now receive an alert when their email address bounces back. When submitters update their address, the alert disappears.
– The “Unassign” button is now “Unassign All” in the Assign Staff dialog box. No more unassigning all Team Members by mistake.
– Fixed: Additional Forms now save correctly when a field label is left blank
– Fixed: In mobile view, the activity feed now shows edit requests coming from the submitter’s name, not the organization name
– Fixed: Payment Add-on descriptions now align correctly
– Fixed: The “Finished” button in the Progress Report now shows individual assignments and assignments that also went to the Entire Team. Previously Entire Team assignments were not showing.
– Fixed: Video submissions in Public View galleries are now centered correctly. Viewers can use the right and left arrows to click between videos.
August 25, 2016 Releases (v3.68 – v3.69):
– In Reminders, the placeholder tag [PublisherFullName] is now [OrganizationFullName]
– The Submissions List page in VIP accounts can now be custom branded with a top color bar and logo
– Submissions, including image files, can now be exported as PDFs in the export dialogue box
– Removed excess whitespace from Category Guidelines page. Previously categories without a price had a blank column to the right of the guidelines. Awkward.
– Images in Public View galleries now resize responsively on all size screens
– Fixed: After exporting submissions, users now remain on the page where they began the export. Previously users were redirected to page 1.
– Fixed: That tiny typo on page 5 of our Getting Started steps is now gone
– Fixed: Viewers can now use right and left arrows to click between photos in Public View galleries
– Fixed: Levels 1-3 Team Members no longer have access to the Additional Forms feature
– Fixed: Users are now required to add a unique name to Additional Forms before sending. Previously the name field could be left blank and the form would send after refreshing the page.
August 24, 2016 Releases (v3.66 – v3.67):
– Release Notes are now viewable to everyone. They are located in the user menu right below Help & Support.
– On the Add New Submission page, the email response dropdown menu is now sorted alphabetically by title
– Our file upload field now supports WMV files
– Organizations without transcoding now receive an alert when hovering over video and audio files in the Submissions Details view. Users can upgrade their account from the alert link, or dismiss it.
– Improved the styling of Public View submissions when no author or title is included
– Fixed: Levels 1-3 Team Members can no longer see the Manage Labels option in the Labels tab. Previously levels 1-3 members were logged out if they chose this option.
– Fixed: The Twitter button in Public View galleries now shares links to the gallery and to individual submissions
August 18, 2016 Release (v3.65):
– When new organizations sign up for an account with incorrect credit card information, they now receive a payment failure message
– Fixed: Clicking “Show” in the Cover Letter toolbox field no longer generates an error message in Firefox
August 17, 2016 Releases (v3.63 – v.v3.64):
– Improved Payment Add-on feature. Price option dropdown menu only appears if there is more than one option, and Add-on descriptions now turn bold when those items are selected.
– Fixed: Orange payment price box now aligns as it should on intermediate size mobile devices
– Fixed: Submission notes with long strings, such as long urls, now wrap properly and tidily
August 15, 2016 Releases (v3.61 – v3.62):
– All staff is now called Entire team in the Assigned To column
– Fixed: In a file upload field, Team members can now upload files with the same name as a preexisting file in that same field. Previously the system would overwrite the new file, and only the old file would display.
– Fixed: Auto-Labels no longer apply to a submission when no selection is made in a Checkbox List, Radio List or Dropdown menu. Previously blank labels were automatically applied and couldn’t be removed.
– Fixed: Auto-Labels in a Checkbox field are no longer automatically applied when the Checkbox is not selected.
August 11, 2016 Releases (v3.57 – v3.60):
– Restyled our account sign up pages. Lean and easy.
– A spinner now appears while images load in Public View galleries
– Valid email addresses and urls in submission notes are now automatically hyperlinked
– Removed the ability to create a blank label. Whitespace labels were difficult to remove and displayed awkwardly in the Labels list.
– Improved Public View pages by modifying spacing and bolding certain text fields
– Fixed: New submission notes can now be deleted without having to refresh the page first
– Fixed: Line breaks now display properly on Public View gallery pages
– Fixed: New organizations with names longer than 50 characters will no longer receive a 404 error message on Signup pages
August 10, 2016 Release (v3.56):
– Fixed: Edits to Payment Add-on fields now save correctly
– Fixed: Form Logic branches that begin in a radio list or checkbox list now save correctly in new forms
August 8, 2016 Release (v3.55):
– Administrators can now send Review Reminder emails for “Not Live” categories. Previously, Review Reminders only applied to “Live” categories.
– The “Assigned to” search filter is now visible to Levels 4 & 5 team members only
– Fixed: After clicking on a Hidden Category link, submitters are now taken straight to the submission form after logging in
– Fixed: Editing a Payment Add-on field now leaves the price format intact. USD stays USD.
July 30-August 3, 2016 Releases (v3.52 – v3.54):
– Increased the number of Form Logic branches from 20 to 30
– Improved styling for Public View gallery pages that don’t display a title or author
– A friendly finger pointer now appears when you hover over social media and vote buttons in Public View galleries
– Our Getting Started alert for new organizations is now visible to Levels 4 and 5 team members only
– Enhanced the look of the Payment Add-on section to alleviate confusion when submitters check out
– The Submittable logo now appears instead of a spinner when content is loading in Public View galleries
– Fixed: Level 1-3 team members can now view submissions assigned to Entire Team
– Fixed: When users logged in with the wrong password they received an error message with a typo
– Fixed: Previously, if a form used Form Logic branches, then all fields from all branches would show in the submission details. Now only fields from selected branches are visible.
– Fixed: Social media icons on Public View gallery pages now display properly in Firefox
– Fixed: When administrators click the Unfinished button in a Progress Report the text now reads, “Currently showing submissions that [NAME] has not reviewed or voted on.” [NAME] used to be “Entire Team”.
– Fixed: Arrow keys in Public View slideshows now allow users to navigate between images. The Esc key allows users to leave the slideshow.
– Fixed: Administrators can now withdraw a submission from the details page without receiving a 404 error
– Fixed: The correct currency symbol now appears in the payment dropdown menu on Public View forms. Previously the “$” sign was showing for all currencies.
– Fixed: When exporting submission files, all selected files are now returned. Previously, just files from the first page of submissions were returned.
July 29, 2016 Release (v3.51):
– Images in Public View galleries now resize as thumbnails and load much faster
– Enabled both Level 4 and 5 staff members to schedule daily Reminders. Previously, reminders could only be scheduled weekly or monthly.
– Invite staff is now Invite team members on step 2 of our Getting Started page for new organizations
– Review Reminder emails now contain a single link to the list of submissions instead of a list of links
– Fixed: Review Reminder emails will no longer direct team members to finalized reviews
– Fixed: Submissions now consistently sort by date order when search filters were on
– Fixed: Submishmash logo on login page now links to www.submishmash.com
July 23-July 28, 2016 Releases (v3.46 – v3.50):
– Added a Load More button at the bottom of Public View gallery pages. No more infinite scroll.
– Gave our login page a sleek as a mink makeover
– When a Public View gallery link is shared on Facebook, the organization header image will also be shared
– Videos can now be viewed on Public View gallery pages
– Our new help icon now opens a dialog box instead of help.submittable.com
– Simplified and shortened Public View gallery urls
– Fixed: Public View gallery page links shared via email and social media were broken
– Fixed: Users will no longer receive an error message when a Public View gallery page is reloaded
– Fixed: Public View voting now works as it should (click once to vote, click again to remove the vote)
– Fixed: Submission form fields that are not checked as “Public View” will no longer appear on Public View gallery pages
– Fixed: When using the Form Logic feature, unused fields are no longer visible in the submission form
– Fixed: Team Progress Report page now shows the accurate number of reviews when administrators click on the unfinished and finished buttons
– Fixed: The Export Data feature now returns all results, not just the first page of submissions
July 22, 2016 Release (v3.45):
– Added a new pop up feature in the application that will let us chat with existing customers. Get ready to see our lovely Montana faces.
– Thumbs up/thumbs down voting icons in Public View galleries now appear only when voting is enabled
July 20, 2016 Release (v3.44):
– Public View gallery titles no longer overlap with social media icons
July 20, 2016 Release (v3.43):
– Increased the number of Form Logic branches from 8 to 20
– Added the ability to scroll on any size browser windows
– Header images of any size now scale correctly in Public View. Phew.
– Line breaks now appear on the Public View submission details page
– If an organization has no header image on their Public View gallery, the organization name will appear instead
– Closing the Save Category dialog box will now keep administrators in Keep Editing mode
– Administrators will no longer receive an error message after adding a metadata field to to a new file upload field
– Removed extraneous white space from Public View forms
– Added a new help icon to all pages in our application
July 14, 2016 Release (v3.42):
– Staff members will no longer receive an error message when sending batch emails from the My Address option
– All staff is now called Entire team
July 13, 2016 Release (v3.41):
– Deleted fields no longer appear in Public View gallery submission forms
– Only image and video files will now display on Public View gallery pages
– Public View voters who are not logged in will now be prompted to log in or create a new account when they try to vote
July 13, 2016 Release (v3.40):
– Staff members are now called team members. Everywhere.
– When the Rating filter is used on the Submissions list and the user clicks into a submission, the filter settings still apply when the user clicks to the next submission or back out to the Submissions list
– Updated the style of the login page–hurray, prettiness
– Submission data was sometimes entered under the wrong user if they changed their login in a different tab
– Submission forms were sometimes being autosaved incorrectly
– When a category had multiple payment options, sometimes a submitter’s selected payment option wasn’t reflected in the total price shown in the Payment field
July 7, 2016 Release (v3.39):
– Added bullet points about the Enterprise-level plan on the account upgrade page under More > Account > Subscription Plan > Change your plan
– Updated the design of the Reminders page
– Made the next arrow > on the Submission Details page not jump around like in the Kris Kross song when you click on it
– Reminders pages that do not exist now get redirected to a 404 page
– When a submitter enters text containing HTML on a submission form, they can still use PayPal to submit payment
– When clicking the Request Agreement box in the Accept dialog box when accepting a submission, the text “please include terms” now fades in next to the Email message textbox and no error message appears
July 6, 2016 Releases (v3.37 – v3.38):
– Reminders that have been sent no longer appear in the Upcoming section under More > Reminders and will only appear in the Sent section. Because they are no longer upcoming. Instead, they are sent.
– Changed email heading for additional form reminders to say “Additional Form Reminder” instead of “Additional Form Request”
– Fixed submission links in review reminder emails so they go to the appropriate submission details pages
– Added the name of the affiliated organization to the text of review reminder emails
– The “Apply fees to subscription” option now shows up for all organizations with a monthly subscription
– Administrators and submitters can now use the “less than” < symbol in HTML-friendly fields without it causing the text that comes after it to be in lower-case
June 29-30, 2016 Releases (v3.34 – v3.36):
– Ability to limit the number of submissions a submitter makes to a category, so that a submitter is unable to resubmit until his or her current submission has reached a terminal status. This feature is by request only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in signing up.
– For submitters using our submission forms on mobile, the keyboard now changes automatically based on the field type and validation rules. Huzzah!
– Organizations’ header images now show when sharing a link to their submission page on Facebook
– The submission limit warning message now only displays if an organization has open calls and the user is a Level 4 or 5 staff member
– Added Payment Add-on details under the information icon in the Submission Details page
– When a submitter selects Payment Add-ons for a submission, details about these Payment Add-ons are included in the new submission notification email that the organization receives
– Changed the email header background to white and to say “New Submission” for new submission email notifications
– In the Categories list, clicking on the area around a category no longer takes you to a 404 error page. You’re in a safe, 404-free place.
June 23, 2016 Release (v3.31 – v3.33):
– Fixed typos in “submissions” and “successfully.” Typos are the mosquitoes of life.
– Submitter fees and pricing for Payments Add-ons (beta feature)
– Changed text in Reminders window from “Notify staff and submitters about incomplete forms or reviews” to “Notify submitters about incomplete forms or staff about unfinished reviews”
– Prevent staff from being able to click “Decline” multiple times, so that submitters will not receive multiple decline letters for the same submission
– When a submitter did not select any Add-Ons when submitting to a category that featured Payments Add-ons, they would receive an error message when checking out with PayPal
June 17, 2016 Release (v3.30):
– Multi-part Affiliate IDs will now be exported with each part in separate fields when exporting submission data from the Submissions list
– Title and Reference Letter fields in the Form Designer were incorrectly marked as being always hidden for blind reviews. You can choose whether to make them blind or not.
– The “Reports” menu item under “More” was showing for Level 3 staff members
June 16, 2016 Release (v3.29):
– Enabled both Level 4 and 5 staff members to schedule Reminders (this is a beta feature; more to come soon)
– Added line breaks to the emails containing cover letter text that are sent to assigned staff. Because we all deserve breaks, especially line breaks.
– When a staff member enters a search query containing excess spaces in their Submittable account, we’ll now automagically remove the extra spaces from the query
– In the Form Designer of the Category Builder, fields that are always blind (i.e. the title, cover letter, and reference letter fields) are now marked with a grayed-out and automatically selected “Hidden for blind reviews” checkbox
June 9, 2016 Release (v3.28):
– Batch data exports are now supported when there are over 2100 submissions and also when there are forms with no data
– Ability to see past reminders (this is in beta–more details to come)
– Removed “apply submission fees to subscription” text for annual plans under More > Account > Subscription Plan
– In the Form Designer, single-option Checkbox fields that were required and had long checkbox labels would show the red “required” asterisk on a separate line. The asterisk now displays in-line with the label and is no longer lonely.
– Fixed extra padding showing in the footer of public submission forms
June 2, 2016 Release (v3.26 – v3.27):
– All newly created accounts now automatically use Responsive Forms. Let the celebrations begin.
– Hiding logo in Submittable footer was not displaying properly
– Fixed 500 error when staff invite has already been accepted
– On Chrome for Windows, you couldn’t select multiple items from dropdown menus. Now you can select away.
May 23, 2016 Release (v3.23 – v3.25):
– When the Auto-Label option is checked for a single checkbox field in the Category Builder, the Auto-Label that appears when that checkbox is selected will now match the text of the single checkbox field label
– In Public View, replaced infinite scrolling with a “Load More” button
– In Additional Forms, when a radio list field has an option containing very long text, the layout of the Additional Form now remains unbroken, like a happy wild stallion
May 13, 2016 Release (v3.22):
– Made the staff invitation acceptance page responsive, so it looks pretty as a peach in any device
– Changed reply-to email address to email@example.com for payment update emails
– Fixed: Changed wording in email notifications for additional forms so that they refer to the forms as, appropriately, “additional forms”
– Fixed: Hid blind fields in additional forms
May 12, 2016 Release (v3.21):
– Increased additional forms field limit from 100 to 150
May 11, 2016 Bug Fixes (v3.20):
– Fixed: Orientation of thumbnails for video files in Public View
– Fixed: Orientation of certain video files in Submission Details page
– Fixed: SQL timeouts for some publishers when editing a category in Category Builder
– Fixed: Videos in Public View would keep playing like the music in your head even after closing the video or moving on to the next video in the same submission
– Fixed: Scrolling on mobile Submission Details page when on iOS
May 4, 2016 Release:
– We’ve rolled out responsive forms to 1200 organizations and will soon roll them out to more organizations. Hurray!
– Ability for submitters to view category guidelines on the Categories List page has been added back for organizations who were upgraded to responsive forms. To view guidelines, submitters can click on the “More” link for each submission category.
– .fdx files can now by uploaded in File Upload fields. Final Draft screenwriters, upload away.
– A new loading message that says, appropriately, “Loading,” now appears when previously loaded documents load in the Document Viewer. Get a load of that.
– Fixed: Success image on responsive forms
– Fixed: File uploads in Safari 5 and in Form Logic in responsive forms
– Fixed: Typos in “successfully” and missing space in “anytime” in success page for responsive forms
– Fixed: Manual submissions (on the Submissions List > Gear icon > Add New Submission) are now working again
– Fixed: Removed leading and trailing spaces from form fields in Custom Reviews
April 22, 2016 Release:
– Styled dropdown menus for new responsive forms
– Added ability to upload scalable vector graphics (SVG) files to submission forms
– Fixed: On mobile devices, long submission titles no longer extend past page boundaries
– Fixed: When using Form Logic, file upload fields can now be hidden on old forms
– Fixed: Users will no longer receive an error message when accepting staff invites
April 13, 2016 Release:
– Fixed: When saving a category, in some cases an alert would show “undefined”
– Fixed: When sending an Additional Form, accepting, declining, and other actions, there were capitalization issues in the alert messages
– Fixed: In some rare cases, it was possible to save a duplicate review
– Fixed: In the Submission Details page, photos showed in two columns. These are now ordered by name, then broken into columns.
March 31, 2016 Release:
– Files uploaded in Additional Forms now show in the document viewer of the Submission Details page
– Added Additional Forms info to .RTF download for submitters
– Added responsive styling to the address form that submitters fill out when submitting to organizations that have the Require Address checkbox selected under More > Account > Profile.
– Made reference letter pages responsive
– Changed default plan in More > Account > Subscription Plan > Change Your Plan page from monthly to annual
– Fixed: Bug with Additional Forms designer that would cause the Form Designer to lose state after saving when you click “Keep Editing”
– Fixed: Removed Submittable logo from VIP footer vip
– Fixed: A few special font urls now use https instead of http so they will load without errors. They’re very special.
– Fixed: A black bar was covering the bottom portion of images when in full-screen mode
– Fixed: Added CSS for the rich text editor that is used when writing general guidelines (under More > Account > Profile) and category guidelines (under the General Settings tab of the Category Builder)
– Fixed: Font for the rich text editor
March 24, 2016 Release:
– You can now batch send Additional Forms from the Submissions List page
– When there are multiple files uploaded for a submission and you’re previewing a file in the Submission Details page, the file names are sorted alphabetically in the dropdown menu to the right of the file name. Hurray, alphabet.
– Added ability to limit submitters to one submission each on a specific category. (This feature is currently available by request).
– Updated the styling of the navigation bar and Forms 3.0 (a.k.a. responsive forms)
– We’re now building static assets with Webpack
– Fixed: Global CSS link on responsive forms submission page
– Fixed: The submitter’s name would show when a blind-level staff member clicked a label that was created through auto-labels. It now remains secret like where that necklace really went once the lady threw it in the ocean in the Titanic movie.
March 18, 2016 Release:
– Added ability to hide or show the submitter (author) name in Public View
– Released a beta version of Forms 3.0, a responsive forms redesign
– The Look & Feel page (More > Configurations > Look & Feel) now stores to the database and S3
– Simplified the options in the Rating search filters dropdown menu to remove some database-intensive options. Mens sana in corpore sano, etc.
– Added informational messaging that appears when an organization downgrades their account
– Fixed: Made metadata easier to read when shown on full-screen images. We like books and reading.
– Fixed: Changed the height of dropdown lists to make them easier to read
– Fixed: Capitalization in the Rating search filters dropdown menu
– Fixed: Formatting of the Staff Owner(s) list in the Assignments & Notifications tab of the Category Builder
– Fixed: Error when a user was not signed in and tried to upload a reference letter to an organization with a custom header
March 10, 2016 Release:
– Increased max organization name length in Account > Profile to 75 charact(ers)
– Fixed: Rating search filters was breaking the Submissions List when ordering by score for Level 3 and under staff members
March 8, 2016 Release:
– Added the ability to filter submissions in the Submissions List by staff voting activity. This is a highly requested feature and we’re super excited about it. It’s currently in beta. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in trying it.
– We now load the Look and Feel CSS from our database
– Added column transcode status as part of process to allow videos to be displayed in our new Public View feature
– Fixed: The “Make Review Form LIVE” checkbox in the Review Designer was shy and sometimes wouldn’t show
– Fixed: When organizations used our auto-labels feature, submitter info was showing to blind-level reviewers
March 2, 2016 Release:
– Redesigned the Getting Started webpage that organizations see when they first sign up for an account
– Fixed: When a blind submission was marked completed, reviewers under the blind level could still see the submitter’s name in the email text in the Activity Feed
– Fixed: Issue with 404 on /robots.txt
– Fixed: Pale pink text was showing up in places where there should not be pale pink text, as nice of a color as pale pink is
February 25, 2016 Release:
– We’ve implemented a new webserver with twice the processing power, to make pages load as speedily as the wind through your hair while you’re bicycling on a fine spring day. Hurray!
– Terminating SSL at the load balancer (a.k.a. this should also help website performance)
– Google Analytics tracking is now available for all accounts as a complimentary trial through April 15, 2016. Upgrade to a Premier-level account if you’d like to keep this feature after April 15th. More info here
– We now automatically redirect Submittable links ending in /submit. to /submit (Often, organizations would put their Submittable link in a sentence ending with a period, as is grammatically sound, but that means the link would end up going to a 404 error page. Now, these links will be redirected to the link they were meant to go to. Happy endings all around.)
– M4V file types can now be uploaded in File Upload fields. This means you can now accept 10 different video file types and 49 different file types overall.
– Added robots.txt to tell search engines what to avoid crawling. (No more 404s for the lonely bots.)
– Fixed: Typo that said “of of” on More > Add Member/ Add Multiple page
– Fixed: When an organization manually uploaded a submission to a category, any single checkbox fields in the category’s form would be automatically unchecked, even after checking the checkbox
February 19, 2016 Release:
– Reviewers can now edit finalized review forms when editing is enabled. To allow editing, go to Categories, and click the name of the specific category. On the Review Designer tab, select the Enable Editing checkbox and click “Save Category.”
– Organizations that previously used custom CSS to hide their social media buttons can now use the Enable Social Media checkbox under More > Account > Profile to set their social media preferences
– The Submission Summary page under Submission Details is now white like the rapidly melting snow in an unseasonably warm February in Montana
– Archived submissions no longer show in the Public Gallery
– Fixed: Removed a stray hairlike “}” that was showing when Google Analytics was enabled
– Fixed: Put more space between the Google Analytics Account label and textbox under More > Profile, because space is healthy
February 12, 2016 Release:
– Organizations can now integrate their Submittable account with Google Analytics. This is fantast-alytic! See more info here.
– Ability to export a CSV list of voters who have voted in the Public Gallery
– Fixed: New organization accounts did not have their Enable Social Media checkbox (under Account > Profile) selected by default
February 9, 2016 Release:
– Staff at Level 3 and up can update their billing contact info under More > Account > Billing Info. (This also syncs up with our Recurly billing system.) With great power comes great responsibility.
– Fixed: The “Apply submission fees toward monthly subscription” checkbox is now functioning correctly under More > Account > Billing Info
– Fixed: Pressing the “Enter” key while typing in the Cover Letter field of a submission form would cause submitters to submit their form before it was ready, like a too-rare pork chop. Now, pressing “Enter” will simply enable the submitter to start a new line of text.
February 3, 2016 Release:
– When a submission is opened for editing, the submitter file upload control now uses the same upload tool as the submission forms (including support for large file uploads and transcoding, if applicable)
– Submitters can edit file metadata when a submission is opened for editing
– Level 3 and 4 staff can update their organization’s credit card under More > Account > Billing Info
– If the Require Address checkbox is unchecked in the organization profile under More > Account > Profile, then the address and phone number fields do not appear in the submission form
– Beta of dynamic form fields (more info to come)
– “Form Templates/Information Requests” are now called “Additional Forms“, for the sake of clarity
– Updated the lines of text under the Enable Public view checkbox in the General Settings tab of the Category Builder
– .tex, .bbl, and .ltx file types can now be uploaded in File Upload fields. .ltx stands for LaTeX, a file type used in scientific papers and journals. The more you know.
– Fixed: Errors occurring on VIP accounts were not being logged in the error tracking software Raygun
– Fixed: Metadata on a file would get removed if another file was uploaded to the same file upload field
– Fixed: It was possible to get “stuck” in the Category Builder if you reloaded the page while not on the first tab.
– Fixed: Links sent from VIP accounts on external domains would sometimes point to manager.submittable.com
– Fixed: Long metadata text would not wrap and become partially hidden in the organization’s Submission Details view
– Fixed: Custom headers in Public View were not showing properly; standard layouts will be used for now
– Fixed: When upgrading a credit card, errors (bad number, date, decline, etc) are now shown
January 25, 2016 Release:
– Fixed: Subscriptions with unlimited staff were unable to add unlimited staff. Unlimited staff is now unlimited staff.
– Fixed: Some CSS in the Submissions List was not getting minified / bundled
January 20, 2016 Release:
– .iba and .ibooks file types can now be uploaded in File Upload fields. YTB, IBA.
– Added the ability to show or hide Facebook and Twitter buttons on submission forms by checking or unchecking an Enable Social Media checkbox under More > Account > Profile
– Animated GIFs are now supported in Public View (insert celebratory animated GIF here)
– Fixed: When adding multiple staff at once, the default permission level is now Level 1
– Fixed: The Form Designer no longer displays large amounts of white space, like snow-covered plains on a January prairie.
– Fixed: 500 error was showing for organizations with Public View enabled when they would create a new form template
– Fixed: Removed empty table header in user submissions for accessibility
– Fixed: When no preview is available for a specific file type in the Document Viewer, we no longer show a message saying the issue will be resolved soon (since this isn’t a bug; it’s just a file type that cannot be displayed).
– Fixed: Tweaked the Image Resizer DiskCache settings to prevent imagecache from filling up disk
– Fixed: Changed “EnablePublicVoting” checkbox in General Settings of the Create/Edit Category page to say “Enable Public Voting.” Breathe. Enjoy the spaces.
January 12, 2016 Release:
– When viewing a document in the Submission Details page, clicking on the Print icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Document Viewer will open the browser’s print dialog, instead of opening a PDF version of the file from which you then print the document. Convenience!
– By default, if no label is selected for a Public View category, all submissions to that category will show in Public View.
– Enabled ability to specify which form fields will have data show in Public View by checking a Public View checkbox in the Form Designer
– Fixed: A sad misspelling of “receive” in the Randomized Assignments window when clicking on the Randomized Assignments icon in the Submissions List
– Fixed: WYSIWYG editor was stripping out “align” attributes added to img tags.
– Fixed: Enable Stripe for payment processing for organizations on sign up
January 6, 2016 Release:
– Staff member titles will show in the “Select the pool of staff” list when clicking on the Randomized Assignments icon.
– Slightly changed the color and size of the rating buttons, to make them prettier and more user-friendly
– Enabled ability to filter which submissions show on Public View by using a label
– Fixed: 500 error when changing password on User Settings > Profile > Change Password page
– Fixed: Prevent rating buttons from flashing back to gray when clicking on them
– Fixed: The (not-pale) blue dot on the Assign to Staff icon in the Submission Details page is no longer cut off.
December 30, 2015 Release:
– Public voting was enabled. This is really exciting stuff–more details to come.
– Score box colors in Submissions List and Submissions Details pages are tweaked further.
– Updated the logic for what shows in the Activity and Reviews panel in Submission Details pages
– Updated the styling and layout of the Form Designer
– Fixed: Sometimes, ratings form controls would display “undefined” in the Review Designer. We have definitively fixed this.
– Fixed: Only Level 4 and 5 staff can see the list of reviews completed for each submission.
December 16, 2015 Release:
– Removed score values next to rating fields in Review Forms, so that reviewers can’t see them until after they have completed the review, for the sake of fairness.
– When entering a search query in the Submissions list, users can now use < > navigation arrows in the Submission Details page to navigate back and forth between the submissions that apply to the search query.
– Updated score box colors in Submissions list and Submission Details pages, for the sake of beauty. (What do you think? Let us know at our Submittable Feedback page)
– Changed default staff level to Level 1 when adding new staff. This makes it easier to add lower-level staff and gives Level 5 staff that extra boost of confidence.